Dangerous diet pills
Read this before you try any of those listed!
|Recently FDA has published a list of aggressively marketed natural diet pills, that turned out to not be so safe. Many of the weight loss pills (see the list) contain substances that are not declared, and may be harmful.
Here is the full list:
"These products have not been approved by the FDA, are illegal, and may be potentially harmful to unsuspecting consumers," is what the FDA news release states.
- Fatloss Slimming
- 2 Day Diet
- 3x Slimming Power
- 5x Imelda Perfect Slimming
- 3 Day Diet Japan Lingzhi
- 24 Hours Diet
- 7 Diet Day/Night Formula
- 7 Day Herbal Slim
- 8 Factor Diet
- 999 Fitness Essence
- Extrim Plus
- Imelda Perfect Slim
- Lida DaiDaihua
- Miaozi Slim Capsules
- Perfect Slim
- Perfect Slim 5x
- Phyto Shape
- ProSlim Plus
- Royal Slimming Formula Slim 3 in 1
- Slim Express 360
- Zhen de Shou
- Venom Hyperdrive 3.0
Many of these product are marketed with the claims that they are entirely "natural" or "herbal". After the analysis, performed by the FDA, it was found that some of the products contain controlled substances, not approved medications or potentially cancer-causing agents. Here are some of the substances:
If you bought some of these products...
- Subitramine - also known as Meridia in US or Reductil in UK and EU. This is appetite suppressant drug, related to amphetamines. It is prescribed for short-term treatment of obesity, because of its serious side effects - substantially elevated blood pressure, cardiac failure, renal failure, psychosis (depression, suicide risk), arrhythmias etc. In many of the pills this substance was not declared and was in amounts several times higher than the recommended safety daily dose.
- Rimonabant - FDA didn't approve that drug, because of suicidal risk. However, this drug is approved in EU and in a short time became bestselling prescription appetite suppressant. It has fewer side effects, but you'll still need to be checked by your doctor, before taking it.
- Phenytoin - It is antiseizure drug, that has shown weight loss as a side, in people treated for epilepsy. It is far from the perfect weight loss pill, and therefore it is not prescribed for the treatment of obesity. Side effects are anemias, teratogenicity, atrophy of the brain cortex (making you stupid).
- Phenolphthalein - chemical solution, that may cause cancer.
...you should stop taking it immediately and contact your doctor.
As you can see when choosing diet pill you should be extremely careful, about what you are taking.
- News release, FDA